Are you looking after someone, and could they manage without you?
Carers provide support to people who need help with day-to-day living who may be suffering from illness, frailty, disability, mental health or substance misuse issues.
Help is available for you
At Branch End Surgery, we are committed to supporting our patients who are carers. Speak to a member of our team to identify yourself as a carer and to find out more about the support available to you.
We have introduced a Practice Champion who is the focal point for all carer matters. Should you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please ask to speak to:
The Practice Champion at Branch End Surgery is Dr Lorien Dornan.
Alternatively, ask for a Carer’s Registration Form at reception to be registered as a Carer.
We are here to support you in supporting others.
Carers Northumberland can help you look after your own needs so that you stay fit, healthy and better able to carry on caring. Carers Northumberland encourage you to enjoy time for yourself too.
They can also offer you:
- Someone to listen to you when you need to talk.
- Individual and group support.
- Locally based staff who can meet with you personally.
- Events in your area, e.g. relaxation days, learn new skills.
- Access to money to help you do something away from caring.
- Peace of mind from the Carers Emergency Card Scheme.
- Support when your caring role changes.
- Information service, offering advice and information on caring issues.
Click here for more information Carers Northumberland Website