You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with a SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

If you require an initial sick note you will need to make an appointment with a GP but subsequent notes can be arranged over the telephone – please leave a message for the GP with the receptionist giving the dates which need to be covered and ensure that you allow ample time for him/her to call you to discuss your condition.